Tuesday, December 16, 2014

SHOCK IN BAYELSA AS WOMAN GIVES BIRTH TO A DWARF


It was with shock and utter disbelief that a couple Mr and Mrs Omgbolo welcomed their fourth child into the world.The woman especially did not believe she carried the child for nine months.According to the story;
The woman who is  26, who was rushed to the labour room, came with full term pregnancy and was later delivered of a dwarf.
A source at the hospital said Omgbolo, a 41-year- old civil servant from Obrigbene community in Ekeremor Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, was thrown into confusion when he learnt that his wife has given birth to a dwarf, describing it as mysterious
Reacting to the unusual experience, Mrs. Omgbolo said she was shocked at the sight of the baby. According to her: “What I saw as a baby, I could not believe I carried it for nine months. Never in my life have I seen a thing like this. This is my third pregnancy. I have three children, my first pregnancy was twins without any form of dwarfism. I don’t know where this is coming from. Since the outset of this pregnancy, I have had several challenges, including bad dreams. It is the handiwork of my enemies. But I thank God I am strong after delivery.”
Speaking to our correspondent, Dr. Chuks Obonodi and Dr. Ekene Okwuje of the Bomadi General Hospital, where the woman gave birth, described the condition as Achonodroplasia (a baby with short limb).
The medical personnel explained that the woman who had a still birth about noon on the fateful day presented complications known as footing breach presentation with excessive amniotic fluid.
On dwarfism, Dr. Okwuje explained: “It is a genetic problem amongst parents with recessive genes. It only exhibits when both parents have the traits.”My advice is that they should love the child unconditionally,Dwarfism is not the end of the world,the baby could turn out great,given the right education and exposure,i mean look at Peter Dinklage the guy who plays Tyrion Lannister in the popular Game of Thrones.

No comments: