Thursday, December 31, 2015

HOW I MADE ZOBO DRINK DURING THE HOLIDAYS



I thought of sharing my Zobo making experience with you guys.This holiday I decided to do something different. When I went to the market to shop,I branched at the stall of the woman selling zobo leaves, for those who don't know,zobo is a local drink in Nigeria,very tasty and highly nutritious.


So i put my zobo making skills to test today and I am going to share the recipe with you all below in the spirit of giving,lol.May I add that the ingredients are so cheap and Zobo is a good alternative to those who are hooked on any type of soda or soft drinks like my husband,who testified to the deliciousness of the Zobo I made.

RECIPE
1. Dry zobo leaves (sells from 100naira upwards)
2. Ginger
3. Sweetener
4. Water
Note:there are other condiments you can add,but for now this does it for me.

STEPS

1. Put a big or average sized pot on fire

2. Add as much water as you desire(depends on how thick you want it to be).
3. Pour zobo leaves
4. Add your shredded or grated Ginger.
5. Leave to boil for 20minutes thereabout.
6. After Zobo must have cooled,sieve and add your sweetener.
7. Put inside Refrigerator,this is optional also but it is best served cold.

I hope this helps someone out there, because i am sharing the recipe in the spirit of the holidays as I said earlier (smile)it is so easy and refreshing,try it and enjoy.

No comments: