Thursday, October 12, 2017

HOW A MAN HARASSED ME TODAY


OK, yours truly is boiling with rage, things happen in this Lagos and Nigeria as a whole that you begin to wonder how many people need psychiatric evaluation as a matter of urgency.


I was in the market this evening getting some groceries. I stopped at the stall of my 'customer' the man I usually buy meat from. We were both haggling the price of the fresh meat and i was simultaneously exchanging pleasantries with the Pap seller beside him when all of a sudden I heard the sound gbam, on my behind!

 The 'man', using that term loosely here, who hit me quickly made to move away from the scene and I swiftly dragged him back and asked why he would hit me deliberately, he didn't make a good attempt at denying, he was just blabbing, of course by that time people had gathered, some said e file(leave him!) some said, 'boya ko moomo GBA yin ni di'(maybe he didn't  intentionally hit your buttocks) others said 'you should have given him a dirty slap' etc. Some said 'Ema wo n tiyin'(let go) Which infuriated me the more.

 As I was still trying to process the whole thing, a lady just came out of the blues and said this same man just hit a woman's buttocks at the bustop some minutes before then, meanwhile the Pap seller had already established that she saw him, but wasn't too sure of what she saw. In the middle of it all, he slipped and got lost in the crowd. Imagine what that kind of pervert  would do to a woman at a dark alley?

Hubby said I should have held him till police appeared. Women go through a lot in this country, we are harrased by conductors inside buses, who deliberately brush their hands against your chest, some men perform dirty acts on women inside buses, yet we do not address these issues.

Oh, the woman he hit before me was said to be a middle aged woman, while I wore a rugged jeans and long flowing top in case some will say 'maybe it is what you are wearing' Remember it happened in the market, sigh! I hope he meets his Waterloo really, by doing the same to a soldier's wife who would not let it slide.

No comments: