Tuesday, March 11, 2014

GIVING TITHES

Here i am pondering over the issue of tithing,and i thought to share my opinion on this fundamental and somewhat controversial aspect of Christianity,for the Christains amongst us,whats your view on giving tithes to God?I personally believe it is very important,i ,mean giving ten per cent of what you earn to God and that  shouldn't be seen  as a big deal,right?not a big deal?but ,most times it becomes such a big deal, that's where the problem lies,after collecting that long anticipated salary or money earned from a business venture,it becomes an herculean task for us sometimes to set apart that money for tithe,i will be honest enough to admit that it happens to me and i can totally relate,but of course one has got to learn to adjust and know it is PART of your budget,it is your 'gbese'(debt) to God i have erred a lot of times by diverting the money to some other things,but trust me when i say,i see the effects thereafter.


Therefore i strive to put that money aside whenever i get the alert from my bank,it's not easy,but then when you think of God's immense blessings over your affairs,you can help but note that your tithe is just a paltry amount of money you can easily spend at the salon or at that favourite boutique of yours or some other frivolous thing.I have had this discussion with a lot of people and of course opinions vary,and i wouldn't even bore you with those that ask you all the time about who spends the money when you donate it in church,and i quickly reply by saying,i don't even care how the money is spent,i am just doing my role as stipulated in the holy book,while some are of the opinion that instead of paying tithes they would rather give to charity,all i can say is that do whatever floats your boat!


So my faithful readers are you faithful tithers?




1 comment:

chincobee said...

Nice....and yes I always skip away frm that Q frm my atheist frnd and yes am a faithful tither jst dat at tyms I agree we divert the funds.May God have mercy on us!!!You already spoke my mind...