Thursday, March 27, 2014

TASTE OF STRAWBERRIES.

While i want to assume that some people get to eat this often due to their location,i know those people will be in the minority,because like apples which does not grow here,strawberries too do not grow in Nigeria to the best of my knowledge,so i only got to taste it in my adult life,i think for the first time at a party some years back,where it was added to the dessert(ice cream).

All this while,like every other person,i was under the illusion that strawberries tasted like sugar or honey,you wouldnt blame me,because anything strawberry flavoured is usually sweet(bush gal that i am!)from ice creams to yoghourts and even strawberry flavored perfumes!yea,they smell 'sweet' so you get my reaction the first time in took a bite and realized it is actually sour,not even sweet sour,veryy sour,just like Guava or Agbalumo(i heard cherry is the English name for it).

I actually craved for it so much while i was pregnant,but unlike apples which you can find anywhere,strawberries are so scarce in Lagos and expensive even when you do find them.I am blogging about this because,it is so funny,my husband also tasted it for the first time recently,and he expressed his disappointment so to speak,he also thought it is a sweet fruit,and he told me some of his friends present when he brought it,reacted the same way.So i am wondering,what made us think it was going to be a sweet fruit in the first place,perhaps the color?Whatever it is they look like sweet fruits.

And sour or not,i love strawberries and i am munching some as i am typing this,you are free to join in!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol! Had d same reaction to strawberry too. I guess the saying 'don't judge a book my it's cover' originated from strawberry issue cos it has a sweet look and name but d taste is not it. Don't finish d ones u have with u o *winks*

Unknown said...

lool fiyin,you can say that again,i know i am not alone in this.Thanks for reading dear.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but lol right now, because I had d same reaction, mine was even worse, because I was pissed off.... I felt betrayed. Lol

Unknown said...

lol at feeling betrayed