Friday, November 14, 2014

THESE NIGERIAN SINGERS MADE US HAPPY IN THE 90S






I was just thinking about the kind of music we all enjoyed and rocked at parties during the 90s and I wonder what happened to this veteran artists;
Before there was Patoranking there was Daniel Wilson of the ‘baby walakolombo’fame.
Before there was a Dbanj,we rocked to the tunes of Mike Okri(he tried to make a comeback recently).
Before Omawunmi,Waje and Tiwa,Onyeka Onwenu delighted us and still does with her sonorous voice.
Daddy Showkey,Daddy Fresh,Baba Fryo,The late Father U-turn all made us fall in love with Galala and every tune coming out of Ajegunle .
What about Sir Shina Peters,no birthday party was complete without ‘IJO SHINAAAAAAA’ and watch the crowd go gaga at the sound of this.My  dear friend made the grand entry with a dance  to her wedding reception with this Shina Peters classic last year at her wedding in Abeokuta,the song is that good and evergreen.
Oritz wiliki ,Majek Fashek,Raskimono sang their reggae with so much passion.
Some of us also grew up listening to the Waka Queen,Salawa Abeni(no need to form posh over this)did I hear u hum to yourself ‘gentle lady nimi emi kin she fighter oo’.
Dayo Kujore and Dele Taiwo made Juju sound so enchanting,of course with the legendary King Sunny Ade and Baba Commander Ebenezer Obey leading the pack.
Adewale Ayuba Mr Johnson made us wriggle our waists to his Bonsue Fuji...Those were the good old times.
And in Olamide,the rapper’s voice, let me say’ long live King Wasiu Ayinde Marshal living legend’,who gave us Talaso Fuji.
God bless the the artist that sang ‘Ifeoma Ifeoma I want to marry you’
And our Favorite birthday tune by Evi Ogona ‘uhhhhh yea,I wish you happy birthday..
The pure unadulterated gospel music of Funmi Aragbaye ,Ayewa,Timi Osunkoya , the C&S Ayo ni choir and Comfort Omoge blaring from the speakers makes you not want to lose sight of salvation.
The list is endless and I can go on and on. I know I stirred up a nostalgic feeling in some of you,lol.Feel free to add the list of your own favorite Nigerian artists of the 90s.











2 comments:

Princess Adenike said...

Bibire you have just poked at my memory of these lovely songs .

i so love tickle me tickle my soul by Alex zitto. Send down the rain by Majek fashek . And even songs by Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde.

No one used to form "tush" then back at the days. LOL

Unknown said...

Correct....i was humming "Ijo yoyo" eyin mummy Ijo yoyo,eyin daddy Ijo yoyo.you know it has a dance step lol"
Everybody call me Daniel wilson and I will play you..... the list is endless you

Sunny Ade nko?Salawa Abeni.....The thing is no matter how we listen to all these paroranking and the likes,we will still remember the lyrics of these old school.we have already crammed it....

Welcome back,hope you have come to stay