Tuesday, November 18, 2014

OXFORD DICTIONARY ADDS 'BAE' TO ITS LIST OF NEW WORDS

 
Joining other popular social media terms that have made the English Oxford Dictionary ,after words like selfie etc.
Lexicographers has deemed it fit that the word,which is a shortened form of baby or babe an endearment for one's romantic partner is suitable for the dictionary.The word bae was made even more popular by rappers and RnB Music .

Nigerians i beseech thee not to use the word bae in any formal writing  please especially students who are now so addicted to abbreviations,that will be a big big zero.It might be in the Dictionary,trust me,just limit the usage to social media.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lol when I started seeing the word as well earlier this year I had to ask Google so I saw d meaning .I would rather stick to my baby biko....These abbreviations are killing. Am struggling to write words in full now. God help me