Saturday, November 22, 2014

TAPE WORM FOUND INSIDE A MAN'S BRAIN

 MRI scans show the movement of a tapeworm through a brain over the period of four years
Bizzare incidences all around the world.According to the victim's account,About seventeen years ago I started feeling odder than usual, with an antipathy to windows, mirrors and glass in general.
I also felt claustrophobic in cars and experienced dizziness and mental absences. I thought I was going mad.
Doctors and hospitals thought they were mini-strokes, transient ischaemic attacks.
One evening, sitting at home in north London, for the first time in my life I had an epileptic fit, followed by four more.
I was taken by ambulance to the local hospital and then, after days of tests, to the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in Queens Square where scans indicated cancer: a fast-growing tumour of the brain.


Adding to the distress was a sense that I had achieved far too little in life and I resolved to make some kind of new start if I came through this.
My three-hour brain operation revealed something initially puzzling, which eventually, to my amazement and relief, and that of my family and the doctors, turned out to be a dead tropical tapeworm.
This struck everyone as utterly remarkable - especially as I have never visited the tropics. That mystery remains.
The doctors told me that the illness is commonplace in the developing world and easily treated by a ten-day course of antibiotics.

Source:The telegraph

1 comment:

ChincoBee said...

Haaaaa why did I open it?tape worm bawo?