Friday, August 4, 2017

FRSC AND MY TICKET BOOKING


When any of the numerous Law enforcement agency officers stops you on the road while driving in Lagos and you know you have all your complete documents, there is this level of confidence with which you slow down your vehicle and engage them.

Insurance: Check, Vehicle License: Check, Drivers License : check, Fire Extinguisher: check! Etc

As an individual, once i know any of these documents is amiss, I am one who would happily jump on a Danfo or take a cab as the pocket leads, to avoid stories that touch. Yours truly cannot be bothered with their shenanigans especially when it is obvious one is in the wrong.

A slight miscalculation and I drove right into their waiting arms yesterday. The odds didn't favour that particular movement. These people have a way of parking strategically at vantage positions to stop vehicles. (It must be one of the skills they got while training). There is no negotiating your vehicle around the 'Motorways' area. Anyway, without boring you with details, I got me a ticket yesterday and threats of the car being confiscated. Sigh!

Going forward, naive me saw the amount on the ticket and tried rummaging through my purse to see if I can pay outrightly.
 Officer:( yelling)Are you trying to corrupt an officer?
Me: No! I Just want to pay you now and go.

Officer: You are paying into the Federal Government account and your remaining documents won't be released until you do...

Even in that stressful and unhappy state, I could not help but be proud of him. I think we might be getting there slowly. He could have collected the money from me, but he didn't..

 Now, it's time to face the rigours of going to their office to generate a code for payment and back to the bank etc. Please steer clear of driving if you do not have complete documents, lest you find yourself in this ticketing mess.

No comments: