Tuesday, June 30, 2015

MUST HAVE ITEMS IN A LADY'S BAG


What inspired this article is a slight cut on my gown very early on Monday morning as soon as I got to my office.

I was preparing to sit down and work on my laptop when I noticed this sizeable gash on my gown around the hip area, with enough skin showing. I quickly dipped my hands into my bag and brought out my ever faithful needle and thread then proceeded immediately to the ladies room.

Then I put in my 'obioma' skills and started sewing this open part of my gown, under ten minutes I was done, and with enough confidence, I moved back to my seat ready to start the day. Just imagine me not having these two tools, which both cost less that N100 in my bag? It is enough to ruin one's day I tell you. Its either I tie a scarf for the rest of the day or go back home...

Which brings me to this, Fellow ladies, there are some items that should not be found wanting in those pretty bags of ours. Apart from our make up purses, please invest in a needle and thread.
So Here are some stuff I feel you should have in your purse or bag as the case may be;

  1. Pins:   Those type of pins our mothers used in those days for our nappies(lol).These pins are needed because So many a times ,I have been accosted by colleagues, friends etc. asking if  I have a pin, and I answer of course I do! You see, these pins always come in handy, and they have been known to save ladies a lot of embarrassment since time immemorial. Imagine that common scenario where the shirt is  a tad too small, or for some reason it is not just fitting the bust area, a pin can go a long way in covering up that loose space between one button and the other.
  2. Needle and Thread:    These items of course are the focal point for this article, just have them in your bag to save you from stories that touch! They save time also.
  3. Blades:   Having one razor blade in your wallet is also not such a bad idea, trust me it will be needed one day.
  4. Shower Caps: You have no business not having a shower cap in your bag, especially when you are not mobile, or with your car. Oh and the rains are here, you do not want to be caught unawares, that expensive hairstyle should not be ruined on the alter of rainfall, always keep one in your bag, its just N50.
  5. Umbrellas  :   This is also for when it rains, hmm, no, not really, I know people who use umbrellas under the sun also. So again for those not mobile, invest in those cute umbrellas that can fit into your bags.
  6. Sanitary Towels: Now no matter how sure of your menstrual circle you are,sometimes you can get caught unawares, except you are pregnant or have reached menopause, methinks a lady should always have one in her bag. I know a lot of times I have given one to hapless ladies around me ,so try to slip one in your bag.
If you have anymore items you feel should be included in this list,feel free to add.Ciao!

No comments: