Thursday, June 4, 2015

WHERE IS KESE JABARI,DAKOVA ET AL?THE TRAIL BLAZERS OF THE NIGERIAN FASHION INDUSTRY


Image result for dakova fashion designerImage result for dakova fashion designerImage result for dakova fashion designer
Kesse Jabari, Monami, Dakova, Vivid  Imaginations,Funmi AjilA,Zizi Cardow,Folake Majin,Data Okorodudu etc were all names I grew up to know as the trail blazers in the Nigerian Fashion Industry, these people mastered the art of fashion. They were fashion designers of repute, whom every Tom, Dick and Harry wanted to be associated with. In their time being a fashion designer wasn't as lucrative or appealing as I is now, but they stuck to their calling.

In those days the fashion industry was not as saturated as it is now and i am not saying that in a negative light, it is good that people are now making waves and earning their legit pay through designing. I wish I know how to design myself, just stating the fact that we cold all count them on our finger tips. They clothed politicians, beauty queens musicians, thespians and all forms of celebrities. They were that big.

I can't help but wonder why these iconic designers have gone into oblivion. All of a sudden we stopped hearing about them. I know Dakova set up a club in Abuja, but that's just about the only news coming from that corner.I  have not really read about them recently or seen any of their works, save for Frank Osodi  who is still very hot! Churning out classic designs that will make the likes of Cavalli go green with envy.



No comments: