Wednesday, August 12, 2015

EMBARRASSING DANFO CHRONICLES PT1

When your car has been grounded for a while and you have no choice but to take Danfo buses and Keke Marwas within Lagos, you just have to take it as it comes.As you know, that cab fares in Lagos are too expensive  and one cannot resort to taking cabs everyday, except you have a gold mine maybe..And for an Ijebu girl like me who wants to and likes to save money, I chose certain places and occasions to go to with a cab at least till I can drive again (soon).

After a tiring experience yesterday at work, I took a danfo home as usual. As a rule I do not sleep inside buses or even cabs. Yes  am vigilant like that. But you see this nature cannot be cheated, I didn't sleep well the previous night as the toddler disturbed me for most part of the night, coupled with the fact that I had to wake up early in order to get to work on time.

So lets just say I found a relaxing spot in the bus, and a s soon as the fresh breeze hit me, I started dozing off, so I said to myself, let me nap for a few minutes before getting to my destination. So I rested my head on the seat handle in front of me. Then all of a sudden, I must have slept so deep because  my head just jerked away from the handle and I almost hit the person sitting right next to me.

 To say I was embarrassed will be an understatement. I didn't believe that just happened to me. Thank God I didn't drool of saliva because those few minutes I got to sleep was enjoyable. I said sorry to the lady beside me and she nodded in an understanding way. I remained at alert till the bus conductor shouted when we got to my bus stop and I replied 'owa o' as I alighted from the rickety yellow bus.

Photo Credit:cohorticulture

No comments: