Tuesday, August 11, 2015

STILL ON THE ELECTRICITY MATTER PT3


Exactly one week after I wrote the Part two of these power series, let me just say we are still savoring the pleasures of constant electricity.

At this point, I don't think I ever want to go back to the darkness that was synonymous to every neighborhood in the country. This must go on forever! Oh the sweet joys of getting home to see that there is light for me to see and do all my chores, instead of carrying my rechargeable lamps all about or struggling to get fuel for my generating set.

I can confidently now delay ironing my cloths, without fear of 'NEPA' taking the light.

A colleague  at work made me see another angle about the improvement in power supply by saying that ,now if he gets his power bill he will be so eager to pay as he is getting value for his money. I like the point he raised and it is very true. If at the end of the month  my husband and I see our bill at least we will know it is justifiable, unlike before when you paid for something you do not use.


We shall continue to enjoy this new change, No to saboteurs and powers that be who are truncating efforts to make us enjoy this very basic amenity in Nigeria in the 21st century.

No comments: