Tuesday, August 18, 2015

NOT LETTING GO OF OLD ITEMS


People who know me well will tell you I act like an old woman at heart. This is borne out of the fact that I keep old and antiquated items a lot. I still have items from high school, and I am sure if checked further even stuff from elementary.

It is habitual and I have tried to change, it is just that I get attached to certain items. I mean what purpose will a secondary school literature note serve? I have asked myself too, yet I have notes, receipts from High school and diploma days.

Although I have now learnt to de-clutter and throw away things that are not useful. Especially stuff that has spent years in my room or anywhere else in the house for that matter. Ranging from .Magazine from years ago that are no longer published to Newspapers all stored in my  mini library.  I think it is a genetic trait I inherited from my father. I remember my mum urging him to throw away objects he has had for years without touching them yet he insists they might be useful someday.

 I always believe I will need to read an article or two over again in an old newspaper. What about cloths? Now don't get me wrong, I give out as many as possible, but I just feel there are some that are timeless pieces, that can be worn over and over again, hence I hold on to them.

Do you also have this habit or know someone who does same? Feel free to drop your comment.

Photo Credit:Tumblr

3 comments:

ChincoBee said...

I think its typical of africans .At the end, we sell the newspaper, recycle the tshirts and so on

chincobee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am not alone then

Unknown said...

I am not alone then