Wednesday, August 5, 2015

WRISTWATCHES AND I

There was a day my friend Olamide put a message on her Blackberry Messenger status that she forgot her wristwatch at home and she feels naked without it.

Right there and then, I realized I haven't worn a watch in over a year. My husband has given up and has said he will never buy me a watch because he knows I wont wear it.

Am I the only weird one? Even before the advent of mobile phones in Nigeria, that allows us to check the time on our devices, I have noticed that I do not really have a penchant for wristwatches.

I admire them on others, especially the really good ones. Heck,i have some myself too, but wearing them everyday will need a lot of prompting. I simply do not remember my watches.

Someone once told me it doesn't speak well of any individual not wearing a watch, I think that is taking it too far, wristwatches do not make a man! Just like cloths do not, or do they? Henceforth  I Now want to cultivate the habit of adorning my wrist with fabulous pieces. What is your take on wristwatches?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't do without wearing my wrist watch. I prefer the big ones to the feminine wristwatches. The 1st time I wore a feminine wristwatch was on my wedding day. Immediately i gave it out to my sis

Unknown said...

lol really bolla?Well I think I love the big ones too,although feminine wristwatches also catches my fancy too.