Wednesday, September 14, 2016

ABOUT QUANTICO


I recently  binge watched this fantastic series titled Quantico  over the course  of the holidays.I actually started before the holidays but completed it at the start,I couldn't stop watching because I wanted to know how it would end.


Actually,i can't remember exactly where I heard about this  series,all I know is that I didn't regret buying it from the CD vendor when I saw it on his shelf.I fell in love immediately  with the major Character,Alex Parrish, played by former Miss World representing India, the astonishingly beautiful Priyanka Chopra.Boy is she a good actress or what!

The first scene or should one say the pilot episode was very captivating to the point one wanted to see how the whole story would end.The story revolves around  a young American woman Alex Parrish who joins the FBI without her mother's  knowledge in her quest to know the truth about her late father who was also  an  FBI agent in his lifetime.

However the intrigues starts as soon as she lands at Quantico,the camp for the trainees and events thereon would change her life and those of the people she meets there  forever.She meets her love  interest Ryan Booth on the plane on her way to camp and he also happens to be a fellow trainee  going to join the new recruits.Of course as events unfold,we see that their meeting on that plane was no coincidence.

At the very beginning of the series,we see Alex waking up from the rubble of the Grand Central bombing in New York.She is subsequently  tagged a terrorist and mastermind of the heinous bombing.She has to prove to her detractors  and fellow FBI agents that she knows nothing about the bombing.This kind of proves difficult as her finger prints,bullets from her gun and so many other evidences are being linked to her. What is sure however is the fact that whoever planted the bomb at Grand  Central was from Quantico.

With the help of her former teacher and Assistant Director of QUANTICO, Miranda,she escapes from FBI custody and goes on a mission to prove her innocence while also trying to discover the brain behind the crime and his/her motive.Did I forget to mention  that while at Quantico, Alex was at the top of her class. As a matter of fact she proved her mettle on one too many occasions. She is a very fierce and competitive  character. She also questions everything and her instincts are almost never wrong.

Another Character I admired in the series is Shelby Wyatt,the blonde bombshell and Alex's first roommate. She would eventually alongside others help prove Alex's innocence,although they have ether differences, just like any friendship in the real world,but they are always there9 for each other.Shelby also had a Topsy turvy relationship with her fellow trainee Caleb Haas,son of a vice president entitled candidate mother and FBI top gun father.

What about the Amina twins,I just love seeing  them on my screen,I mean how can one be so fine,I would later learn the identical twins are played by a sole character,good job there i must say.Not exempting the equally beautiful Natalie Vasquez,Iris Chang ,I have a lot of favorite  characters really.

I will stop here for now,the intention of this post is to whet your appetites to see the series yourselves,that is if you are a fan of seasonal movies.I can't  wait to see what the producers  have in Store for viewers in season 2.

No comments: