Sunday, September 18, 2016

BACK TO SCHOOL RUNS


What is on the lips of  every parent  I know right now is just the fact that our children resumes school on Monday after over two months holidays,what is usually called long term holiday.


 We have so much enjoyed their company but at the same time we can't wait for them to resume,I want to believe  I am sharing the sentiments of most people out there.I was speaking with my friend Vivian  yesterday, I saw a picture of her two girls in Thier uniforms,having resumed back to school this past Wednesday, so I asked her why not Monday  and she replied she couldn't wait a day longer.We both laughed and laughed and it is simply the truth.

 I for one will miss my toddler when she starts again on monday,but then I will be deceiving myself that I am not heaving a sigh of relief. Toddlers especially can be an handful.However they are a joy to be with.May God keep them for us.Now to the major issue,which is finances,going back to school  or starting school doesn't come cheap.We all know our Government  schools are a no go area for now,especially  for Nursery and Primary  education  ( God help Nigeria).

 Most of the private schools on the other hand are looking for any means necessary  to reap parents off their hard earned  monies.We can't really blame them can we?I even got a major surprise some days back  when  I was told to buy stationery from the school,I understand if the books have to come from the school,but Pencils,erasers and rulers  at a ridiculous  price, really?When I couldn't argue further I just had to give in.Back in the day,our  parents shopped for stationery  on their own and got all the text books needed.

Everything has changed now. Not to talk of new school  sandals,lunch boxes,bags and probably a new uniform to boot.It surely tells on the pocket to be sincere and with the exchange rate being what it is now,the prices of the items mentioned above are not too pocket friendly.I met a woman on my street who even told me she's withdrawing  her children from their high end school on the island to a school  with moderate fees around.

 All in all,it is a good feeling that a new session is starting in a week.We pray for our children to learn and do excellently  well in their studies.I mean,the money is really nothing when the results are apparent.Education is really the best legacy any parent can give their children,it might sound cliche,but it is the truth. So I wish us all both parents and children,teachers inclusive, all the very best as this new term/session starts.May our children be safe and secured.

No comments: