Thursday, September 29, 2016

TEN YEARS AFTER TO MOTHER WITH LOVE


This day ten years ago can be described as a day of mourning and grief,a day I,my siblings and my dad  got a rude awakening ,what with my  mother's  demise from the face of the earth.Oh I wish you could have  she lived forever.


As glaring as death seemed to stare her in the face,we couldn't bear the thought of ever losing this very precious jewel.Mother was far too precious.One wouldn't be wrong if one called her an angel on earth.Everything I learnt and know now to become a well rounded individual can be said to be her handiwork  through the wisdom God gave her to raise godly children.

Mrs Abiola Ogunjobi you were a blessing to anyone who ever came across  your path.How proud I am today to have been birthed by such a selfless human being.The most hardworking woman I have ever set my eyes on.Full of grace,devoid of pride,crowned with beauty and overly caring,even to other people's  children.She seemed to have it all.A dogged fighter you were mum,a woman of God,subtle,disciplined,forthright,an embodiment of a virtuous woman.

We have since come to the realization  that you came to this earth to fulfill  a mission,albeit for a short while. The  impact you made in your little over four decades on earth is worthy of emulation,Indeed the saying that it is not how far but how well suffices.I look at my younger ones and I today and I can't  help but go into a mood of thanksgiving.Reason being that, even though you are no more,the children you left behind are thriving, your legacies lives on through us...

To think within that spate of ten years  since you left your girls are now married,done with their tertiary education,your boys too are graduates,doing very well.Yes we have  faced challenges,like anyone in life,but also we have been  able to overcome and will continue to overcome, by the grace of God. I know you must be rejoicing in heaven right now amidst the saints triumphant where you belong, seeing how your babies are faring.You were an angel,so it is not far fetched  that you have taken your place amongst the angels in heaven.

How I wish you got to meet your granddaughter  Oluwalana,I know she would have been your latest baby whom you would willingly nurture and take under your wings,you would have even pampered her to the point  that  people would know she has an extraordinary  grandmother.I also wish you met the man I eventually married,I know how happy you would have been seeing me and Olaronke settled In  our homes, not to worry though,your story would be told and passed from one generation  to another.Your memory is forever etched in our minds.

The virtues and intrinsic  values I learnt from you would abide with me forever and they would continue  to be useful to my siblings and i.Thank you mother for taking the bull by the horn earlier,by teaching me the things you taught me and for showing me love immeasurably ,you must have known your sojourn here on earth is but for a while.I will continue to cherish those memories.

Not to forget mother,your winning formula/recipes for the best soups and foods  are still in  my head and even though I can't boast of being half of the cook you were,I dare say,I try to emulate you in that aspect too,especially  your overly delicious Efo riro and Jollof rice to name a few.

More than anything else mum,we miss you. I thank God for giving me the ability thus far to be as supportive as I can to my younger ones,you made me aware of my  role as a leader early on.I will forever be grateful to you ma.Daddy misses you too,he misses your banters and no day passes by without any of us making reference to you.

Continue to rest in peace mum,we love you and God loves you more.We celebrate you today and always mama mi.

No comments: