Saturday, July 29, 2017

FOR THE LOVE OF CRAYFISH


Another food post for this beautiful weekend, they can motivate you to enter your kitchen and cook up a storm.


So, call this one of the 'perks' of living close to a river and you wouldn't be wrong, i mean, getting your seafood fresh and straight from the source should be a perk right? As I have learnt, some of these seafoods are seasonal especially the Crayfish. Crabs are quite common, but can't stand them.

Walking down the neighborhood yesterday, I came across this fish and Crayfish monger. A quick negotiation and bargaining here and there and I got a fairly good deal. They were alive by the way, told her to kill them for me, and just a sprinkle of salt did that.

Got home, rinsed appropriately, marinated them with salt( someone said to add seasoning) but I think salt is enough. Spread them inside the oven tray, roasted till they turned brown or is it reddish now.

Yes, pasta, Garri with cold water, Eforiro, Ila Alasepo and any other crayfish compliant food it is for now. (Maybe I should consider a crayfish giveaway.. But that would be subject to me stumbling across the vendor) until then, it is bye for now.😊

No comments: