Thursday, July 6, 2017

THE MISREPRESENTATION OF PROFESSOR DARAMOLA


What a trip down memory lane! It is necessary that i weigh in on this issue of Professor Daramola of the English Department at the University of Lagos beating a student with a cane.


Kindly check the  comments below munched from Instablog Naija page who reported the story. Professor Daramola is that Lecturer many of us that passed through his tutelage had a love/hate relationship with, one minute you can't stand him, the next you are actually praying for him. The love we his students had and still have for him is unparalleled, that is if you know he doesn't mean any harm

Baba Daramola is a quintessential Lecturer, who takes his courses seriously. He is a thorough teacher and introduces sceneries like the one depicted above  to make his classes lively.


Just like  comment I made myself on the post, i remember him twisting my ear like a 3 year old after I failed to spell a particular word correctly on the board, (yes he would call you to come and write on the board)he would tell you no Student of his passes through the English Department and is allowed to goof outside the University environs.

 To him you would be misrepresenting the department and 'Lag', he takes pride in Unilag, having graduated there himself. He is a good man. Very strict, yes, but not malicious. So the picture seen above is just one of his joking tactics, I am sure the other students were laughing, like we always do when he starts. My colleagues on this page and others reading this would bear me witness.

 Eat all you want in class, drink your sodas, but just don't utter a word. Submit your assignments and you are good with the Prof. Sounds weird but this actually put a smile on my face as I relive those memories.

No comments: