Tuesday, September 29, 2015

AT THE GLOBACOM SKIDE AND BOUNCE TOUR ON SATURDAY


My husband and I got passes for the Glo Slide and bounce event at Eko Hotels from a family friend when we went for a visit on Friday, I was happy .We learnt the event was Saturday evening, which was yesterday .My Network Glo,would later send me an invite via SMS, just like they did to all Glo users.

We decided to go, after all we are still in the holiday mood. We left the house some minutes to 6.00pm,got to the venue on time as there was no traffic jam. We secured the best sit in the front row, it was a vantage position.

The show had already started when we got inside. Dija,one of the females under the Mavin Record label was already performing, the rest of her crew later joined her on stage.That is Korede Bello and Reekado Banks.We were definitely having fun. Afterwards Korede gave a solo performance and the crowd went gaga when he sang his hit song 'Godwin'.I stood up to wriggle my waist to the rhythm.

When we were still reeling from the fun from Korede's performance, host for the night, Comedian Yaw, called on stage funny Actress Funke Akindele and Comedian Helen Paul, who made us crack our ribs to their witty sayings and funny jokes.

As if that was not entertaining enough, all round entertainer per excellence, the Koko Master Dbanj mounted the stage. People stood up, rushed from their seats to the stage to get a better view of him. He sang his new songs and the crowd sang along. He took us down memory lane with his old songs. His performance should be rated A, it was topnotch. He also blessed the audience with his Koko Garri. He shared so much that I lost count. Although I didn't get one, but his songs are enough for me.

After Dbanj came, the Mr. Incredible himself, M.I, who is arguably Nigeria's greatest Rapper. He came on stage with his equally talented brother Jesse Jags, who also sang some of his own songs. Then M.I made the crowd go crazy when he started churning out is popular tunes. I was mesmerized, wished it would not end.

Next to perform was the Black Diamond himself, Wande Coal,the one with the sonorous voice. As soon as he said 'shawty go low low low low' one would think the crowd was possessed! People danced their hearts out! As the great performer that he is, he also scored very high marks in my books.

Then to take us to the climatic final of the night, Mr. Flavor came and did his thing, he whined his waist to our pleasure, he sang and we san along too, we danced ,made merry and had a fun outing generally.

What a night, to think at a point I almost shelved the idea of going out that day because I wanted to just lay in my bed and sleep. I totally enjoyed myself.

No comments: