Friday, September 25, 2015

HOW MY DAY WENT YESTERDAY


Yesterday was Sallah and I had promised to honor invitations, I only made it to one venue owing to the heavy rains. As a matter of fact,I almost didn't leave the house, I managed to drag myself out of the bed,took a shower,got my daughter prepared(hubby has loads of office backlog,so he opted out) and we set out.

I got to Agege in due time,there was no traffic, if only Lagos roads can be as sane as this everyday.The journey was so smooth,I enjoyed it.On getting to the Sallah party, i realized my sister and her hubby were already there,so we sat down to the business of the day.Fried meat,cold drinks were offered before I could even take a seat.Wow, I said to myself this is how a sallah break should go.

We made merry,ate,ate some more,had my fill,my daughter had the utmost fun,she was extremely happy with the funfare.On top of that,i was given a takeaway package home,yippe!

On my way home,I branched to buy fuel,before you could say Jack Robinson! There was a heavy torrent of rain,the whole clouds became so dark,I thought of parking and wait for the rain to subside, but then time was not really on my side,it was still a long way from home.Thankfully we got home soon enough and prepared for the next outing for the day.

Yes around 7.00pm,we set out for church.My church was having a musical concert and almost all the big names in the Nigerian gospel music industry were in attendance.We praised God like there was no tomorrow, I really danced to the extent that, as I am typing right now,my body aches. Kore gave a superlative performance, we were thrilled to nice choreography by popular dance group Spirit of David.The midnight crew also gave an awesome performance as expected.And others too numerous to mention.

We left the venue after the last performance of the night by Big Bolaji.Got home around 6.00am and had a sound sleep.Let us just say I am enjoying my break so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one